The 2012 National Character and Leadership Symposium at the US Air Force Academy will be held from 22 to 24 February. Ross Perot will be the keynote speaker.
Other speakers will come from a variety of backgrounds and careers, including a Medal of Honor recipient and
- Retired Brigadier General Dick Abel, former President of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and former Executive Director of the Military Ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ who speaks on moral leadership.
- Dr. Helen Fisher, most famously known for her “love research,” though she has also researched personalities, which relate to leadership interaction.
- Will Gunn, who will discuss the ethical challenges he faced as the legal defender of Guantanamo detainees.
- Qamar-ul Huda, from the Religion and Peacemaking Center and a scholar of Islam at U.S. Institute of Peace. His area of expertise is Islamic theology, intellectual history, ethics, comparative ethics, the language of violence, conflict resolution and non-violence in contemporary Islam.
- Lieutenant Colonel Linell Letendre, speaking on the possibility of ethical conflict between professional duties and moral beliefs in the face of DADT Repeal.
In a bit of trivia, Michael Weinstein (an NCLS speaker himself in 2010) proudly notes his employment under Ross Perot in his biography. (Interestingly, Weinstein neglects to mention his short-lived stint at, or his awkward departure from, Electrosource, a Texas-based battery manufacturer.)