Somali Muslim Arrested for Terror Plot in Ohio
Abdirahman Sheik Mohamud, a naturalized US citizen from Somalia, was recently arraigned on charges he wanted to kill US Soldiers on American soil.
Mohamud talked about doing something big in the United States. He wanted to go to a military base in Texas and kill three or four American soldiers execution style.
More than a dozen attacks have been planned or executed against the US military in recent years — by men motivated by their Islamic faith — including some by members of the military itself:
- Soldier attempted to join ISIS (Hasan Edmonds, arrested 2015)
- Fort Hood attack thwarted, PFC Abdo, two life sentences (2011)
- Shots fired at Pentagon, other military bldgs (Marine Reservist Yonathan Melaku, 2010)
- Fort Hood massacre kills 14 (Army Maj Hasan, 2009)
- Fragging in Kuwait by Army Sgt Hasan Akbar (2003) (death sentence on appeal)
- Pipe bomb attack thwarted (Jose Pimentel, 2011)
- Remote control airplane Pentagon attack thwarted (Rezwan Ferdaus, 2011)
- Seattle recruiting station attack thwarted (2011)
- Frankfurt airport attack kills 2 US Airmen (Arid Uka, 2011, life sentence)
- Baltimore recruiting center bomb thwarted (Antonio Martinez, 2010, 25-year sentence)
- Quantico attack by Raleigh jihadists thwarted (6 multi-decade prison sentences, 2009)
- Arkansas recruiting station attack by Abdulhakim Muhammad (2009, life without parole)
- Fort Dix attack thwarted (2007) (6 convictions, 4 life sentences)
Also at CBN News.